WHO CAN PRESENT PROJECTS?
- Filmmakers from anywhere in the world with documentary projects that deal with stories about countries of the Global South or are produced and/or made in these countries.
- The projects can be presented in Spanish or English.
- The projects must have a minimum duration of 60 minutes. Projects that are journalistic audiovisual reports or that have a news bulletin format will not be accepted.
- To send a project, please fill in the form that you will find in this section. It is free to register in the project, but before sending the information, please read the regulations.
Workshop from 29th to 31st January 2024.
Pitching, 1st February 2024.
APPLICATIONS OPEN: from 1 September until 9 October 2023.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FUNDING FOR YOUR PROJECT? PRESENT IT AT THE MIRADASDOC PROFESSIONAL FORUM!
Our Pitching programme is organised into 3 phases:
Pitching workshop: DOCSUR lab with the expert consultant Stephanie von Lukowicz.
PITCHING SESSION (PUBLIC PRESENTATION OF THE PROJECT)
The director and/or producer of each selected project will do a brief 7-minute presentation for the panel of commissioning editors (funding managers from TV channels), guest distributors invited to the MiradasDoc Market, festival directors and public and private film institutions. During the presentation, we recommend showing a clip or trailer of the project (with a duration of no more than 3 minutes).
Following this, the invited international professionals will react to the presentation and actively participate in the debate, which will be held under the supervision of the moderator/workshop facilitator, sharing information about their interests with regard to the programming of their channels, and the editorial policy of their companies.
(The list of commissioning editors present will be published in the Market section as they confirm their attendance).
ONE-TO-ONE MEETINGS (INDIVIDUAL MEETINGS)
In this third stage, each project can be presented and discussed individually with the different members of the panel of distributors, commissioning editors and festival directors in meetings of approximately 10 minutes.
These sessions have the following goals:
- To finance documentary projects through coproduction or pre-purchase agreements with the channel representatives or distributing companies.
- To enrich and develop proposals through close, face-to-face meetings with the commissioning editors, festival directors and the suggestions they make for each project.
During these sessions, MiradasDoc Market provides an interpreting service.
–To present your project, you must fill in this online registration form.
–If the project is selected, the organisation will contact the director/producer to complete the required information.
– 10 projects will receive a grant to participate in the pitching sessions and the workshop.
- Participation in the pitching workshop, with the expert-consultant Stephanie von Lukowicz.
- The right of the producers to present their Project in the Pitching sessions.
- Accreditation and catalogue of Miradasdoc Market.